While playing the video on your iPhone, does its sound cut out suddenly? Wondering why it has gone silent? You will get your answer in this article.
The high-quality cameras and innovative video modes of iPhones have made it a worthy opponent to digital cameras. A considerable part of the videos uploaded on YouTube and other such platforms are now being shot with this particular device.
While most of the video shoot or downloaded on the iPhone turns well, a part of them may come with issues like audio not playing. Are you also facing the same situation? If yes, then this post will tell you more about this no sound on the iPhone video problem and provide you the solutions to deal with it.
Why Does iPhone Video Have No Sound?
The inbuilt speakers and microphones of the iPhone allow you to record precious moments to see and reminisce them later in your life.
But if it fails to play the audio part in it, how disappointing it would be. This part will explain why this happens and what are the common causes for it.
What does no sound on iPhone video mean?
There are instances when you record something, and the phone doesn’t detect it, or it fails to play an audible voice. These cases are labeled under the iPhone, not playing sounds error. Sometimes the error is related to all the files, while in other cases, it occurs only during the video playback.
To handle such scenarios, you need to follow different types of troubleshoots for restoring the audio part in your iPhone video. Before learning about the different solutions for fixing the iPhone, not playing sound on videos, first understand the various reasons that cause it.
Common iPhone Sound Not Working Causes
The cause for sound not working on iPhone can be many. Some of them are:
- Speaker Error: Moisture, or sometimes when you accidentally drop your iPhone, it loosens the connection of the iPhone speaker, causing the audio failure.
- DND: The Do Not Disturb mode of the iPhone turns off the entire sound of the iPhone. The features is designed to make it silent. At times when you accidentally turn it on, the phone won’t play any audio. It may be the reason for the error you are experiencing.
- External Connectivity: If you have connected your iPhone to an external Bluetooth device, it will be using that device for the audio playback. Any error in the output device or obstacles between the device and your iPhone interrupts the sound and cause the audio error.
- Dusty Ports: The newer version of iPhones doesn’t have a dedicated audio jack like the older models, but they do have a hybrid jack. If this jack gets clogged with dust or debris, it can interrupt the normal working of the iPhone audio system. The phone may detect an earphone and try to send audio output through it, but since nothing is connected, you won’t get any playback.
Causes of No Sound on Recorded iPhone Video
Does the sound of your iPhone is playing normally, but causing problems only while playing a video file? Yes! Then it is possibly a software error. Here’s a list of possible causes for it:
- Software Glitch: The applications on the Apple store are usually stable, but the bugs and viruses can affect their performance. These factors can make it unstable and interrupt its audio playback.
- Update Error: If you interrupt the iPhone while its upgrading or the updates doesn’t download correctly, it can affect the device’s performance. It can also affect its applications and sound modules.
- App Settings: Many times, when you play a video, you accidentally click a button or option that mutes the video. You don’t realize this and think it as an audio playback error.
- Microphone Error: The speaker of your iPhone is also vulnerable to damages over time. So, there’s a chance that your iPhone may not have recorded the sound in the first place.
Solutions to iPhone Video Sound Not Working
You know, now the possible cause for the iPhone video sound not working. Here are the common solutions that you can try. You do not require any professional knowledge to fix the problems with the troubleshoots explained below.
Solution 1: Clean The Jack
If the dust accumulation in the iPhone jack is creating an illusion of plugged in earphones, the iPhone will show a headphone icon on the top. If you see it, remove the cover of your phone and check it for dust and debris collection. You can use a soft, lint-free microfiber to wipe it. After that, use the tools in the iPhone kit to reach the inner parts of the jack and clear them.
In case you don’t have a cleaning kit, use an earbud, and clear the accumulation by applying a small amount of force.
Solution 2: Reset The Sound Levels
If the iPhone video sound not working due to the sound profile of your phone, switching it from silent to general and adjusting the sound can solve the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
Step 1: Switch to ring mode
A switch on the side of the iPhone helps you to swap between silent and general profile. Usually, you will find an orange mark when the phone is in silent mode. Flip the switch if you can see it.
Step 2: Adjust the volume
For an iPhone 7 or newer version, go to the path settings-> Sounds and Haptics.
The path will change to settings-> Sounds for an earlier iPhone version.
You will find several sound options and level indicator, adjust the slider for ringtones and alerts.
Solution 3: Disconnect External Devices
Head to the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone and turn them off. It will disconnect any external devices that may be interrupting the sound playback and resume the normal functionality of your iPhone.
Solution 4: Turn Off DND Mode
If the iPhone audio playback failure is due to the DND level, turning it off from the setting will fix it instantly. Here’s how you can turn it off.
Step 1: Unlock your iPhone screen and go to ‘Settings’ te reach ‘Do Not Disturb’ option.
Step 2: There is a button on the top of the DND setting screen that indicates if the mode is active or not. If it’s active, tap on the button to turn it off.
Solution 5: Soft Reset the iPhone
The data accumulation, cache, and files on the iPhone may bulk it over time. It will cause the iPhone to misbehave. The one way to eliminate this error is to soft reset your phone.
Click and hold the iPhone power button and then select the reset option. You can also consider turning it off or a while. It will eliminate extra static energy that may be interfering with the speakers.
Tips Against No Sound on iPhone Video
Usually, most of the problems that lead to iPhone video not recording sound and playback error occur due to minor faults in an application or the hardware of the smartphone. You can avoid them with a little care. Here are the tips that will guide you to prevent these errors:
- Use plugs to prevent dust or dirt accumulation in the jacks of your phones.
- Keep your iPhone away from high accumulation areas.
- Buy only genuine iPhone cover and check its fitting before buying.
- Check and convert all the videos according to your iPhone’s compatibility before loading them.
- Avoid bulking up your devices with applications of unknown sources.
- Make sure to download and install the most recent version of OS updates for your device.
- Turn off Bluetooth and disconnect the external devices when not in use.
- Never use a high power speaker or microphone with your iPhone it may damage its circuits.
- Keep your device away from high moisture or low-temperature areas.
- Use high-quality cover and temper to prevent shocks during the accidental drop of your phone.
iPhone video not recording sound or not playing it while a video playback may be troublesome. But the solutions discussed in this post will help you to fix the problem.
Originally published at https://recoverit.wondershare.com.