Audacity is very popular among its users to record audio recordings and edit them. People connected to media, radio, and music rely on this tool as it helps them to perform their job. You can record multiple kinds of audio at the same time. Does not it seem cool? Yes, it obviously does.
Even after these perks, Audacity may crash sometimes. It results in the loss of your important recordings. Is it scary? This issue caught our attention, and we are here to protect you from this dilemma. In the following article, you will encounter various ways to find unsaved audio files.
Recover Audacity Recordings from Exported Files
You must export lost track using the export command initially. In this way, you will find your deleted recordings directly from the exported audio recordings.
To continue with this method, follow the following easy steps.
1. Search the location, i.e., that folder in which you have saved your Audacity recordings.
2. Select the Audacity recording you have lost and click on “Open.”
3. It will take your recording to your Audacity.
After completion of these steps, you can enjoy your recordings now.
How to Find and Recover Unsaved Audacity Tracks?
Sometimes, when you are dealing with your audio files in Audacity, Audacity crashes all of a sudden. In this way, your unsaved recording may get lost suddenly. But to keep you safe from this situation we have got some workable and efficient solutions to this problem. Let’s go through these effective methods to deal with the concerned problem.
Find Audacity Recordings in Audacity Temporary Folder
There always exists a temporary folder on the drive where your Audacity is installed. That folders contain your lost audio files too. You can restore audio recordings from that folder and save them at any location you want on your computer; you can further edit them without any abnormality. To enjoy the benefit, follow the following mentioned steps.
1. Find the concerned unsaved audio recording.
2. Then open Audacity, and in “Directions,” copy the file’s path. It will be different for different windows. For Windows 10/8, it will be C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Audacity\SessionData and for Windows 7, it will be C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\audacity_1_2_temp. Also, for Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\audacity_1_2_temp.
3. Now, open the temporary folder and check out the files with the “.au” extension.
4. Then drag that file in Audacity.
5. In the end, save the unsaved file at the desired location.
In this way, you will find your lost Audacity file and will be able to save it at your desire location.
Finding and recovering through automatic crash recovery
Audacity has the advantage that it has an AutoSave feature, which can help you when Audacity crashes. This allows you in Audacity recovery utility. This feature will save you from losing important unsaved audio recordings. You can get your lost recording back by following these easy steps.
1. After the crash, reopen the Audacity.
2. A recovery dialog box will appear on the screen.
3. Do not discard this because then you will lose your recordings.
4. Select the unsaved recording and then recover them.
5. After recovery, save the Audacity recordings at your desired location.
Hence this AutoSave feature will save you from losing your important audio recordings, and you can get your recordings back even when your Audacity crash all of a sudden.
Tips about Protecting Audacity Recordings
A huge amount of the population uses and relies on Audacity for their professional and personal audio recordings. So, one should always keep himself protected from any trouble concerning the loss of audio files. In this way, you would not have to look at ways of Audacity recovery utility. We are here with some amazing tips that will protect your Audacity recordings and make you feel safe.
Now, tie your seat belts because we are about to have a safe ride to make our Audacity Recordings safe.
Tip 1: Locate and Copy Save your Audacity Recordings manually
To keep your Audacity recordings safe, save a copy of the file as a backup.
To perform the process manually, follow the following steps.
1. Choose the desired and secure location to save the copy.
2. You can also choose the external device to save the copy as a backup.
3. Then locate the saved Audacity file.
4. Select the desired file with the “.aup” extension.
5. Copy the file and paste it to the desired location.
Following these steps, you will get a backup file, and then you can use that in case of any trouble or mishap.
Tip 2: Enable AutoSave Feature of Audacity
There is an AutoSave feature in Audacity, which will save your editing. It helps when your Audacity crashes all of a sudden. To enable this feature, follow the following easy steps.
1. Click on “Edit” on the Audacity interface.
2. Scroll down and select the option of AutoSave.
3. Then, set the frequency to AutoSave internal.
4. In the end, select the option of “Ok,” which will confirm the changes.
It will enable the feature, and you will get your editing saved automatically with time.